In 2018, a Mississauga-Malton Non-Partisan Constituency Youth Council was established, encouraging youth to join the Youth Council for a term of two years.
In its second iteration (2020), the MMCYC aimed to deal with youth community issues in the midst of COVID, including underemployment & unemployment, deteriorating mental health, and coping with the transition to e-learning.
Now, in 2022, we are once again looking for interested youth representatives to join us to give their perspective on local issues and concerns.
This Youth Council allows for young individuals who work, live or volunteer within the riding, to bring their concerns directly to their elected Member of Provincial Parliament. The group comes together to collectively choose an issue they would like to tackle within the riding and do so with the support of the MPP. This youth council helps to:
- Get young individuals engaged in local and provincial politics
- Offer them a safe place to voice their concerns and ideas with an elected member of provincial parliament
- Make an impact within their community
Am I eligible?
- I am between 15-25 years old
- My permanent residence is within the Mississauga-Malton riding boundaries
- I can commit up to 2 hours a week
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating that you have filled out this form.
We would be more than happy to have another youth community member join us. The more the merrier!