Ontario Helping More Women Build Skills and Get Jobs
Our government investing $6.9 million over 3 years in expanding the Investing in Women’s Futures program, adding 10 new locations across the province.
The Investing in Women’s Futures program provides a range of flexible services and employment readiness supports for women facing social and economic barriers, including those experiencing gender-based violence and social isolation. These services and supports help women to overcome any barriers, increase well-being, build skills and gain employment. The addition of 10 new sites brings the total number of service delivery locations to 33, providing greater access for more women across the province.
The 10 new Investing in Women’s Futures program locations are:
- Huronia Transition Homes in Midland
- Community Resource Center (Killaloe) Inc. in Killaloe
- Keepers of the Circle in Kirkland Lake
- Achēv in Mississauga
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada in Kingston
- Women’s Centre of York Region in Newmarket
- Roots Community Services Inc. in Brampton and Mississauga
- Up with Women in Toronto
- Women’s Multicultural Resource & Counselling Centre of Durham in Pickering
- Counselling Centre of East Algoma in Elliot Lake.