Ontario Working for Workers
The Ontario government is introducing changes to continue leading the country in providing ground-breaking protections for workers. These proposed changes expand on the ground-breaking actions in the Working for Workers Acts, 2021 and 2022, which are already helping millions of people in Ontario.
Main highlights include:
- Expanding work protections for military reservists to ensure they keep their jobs when deployed or are injured in the line of duty.
- Protecting all Ontarians by increasing fines for companies who violate the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Giving more certainty to to employees starting new jobs by requiring employers to provide information before start dates.
- Ensuring remote workers are given the same rights as office workers during mass lay-offs.
- Recognizing more international credentials and removing barriers which prevent trained professionals from entering the workforce in their field.
- Expanding presumptive cancer coverage under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board for Ontarios firefighters.