Helping More Students Become Nurse Practitioners
The Ontario government is making it faster and easier for Ontarians to access the care they need, when they need it. As part of Your Health Plan we are working with universities across the province to increase class sizes and create 350 new nurse practitioner training positions that will help develop our next generation of primary givers.
Since September we have added an additional 121 new spots in nine different schools brining the total number of new positions added to 321.
- 24 new positions at University of Windsor
- 20 new positions at University of Toronto
- 17 new positions at Toronto Metropolitan University
- 16 new positions at Western University
- 15 new positions at Queen’s University
- 11 new positions at York University
- 8 new positions at McMaster University
- 6 new positions at Laurentian University of Sudbury
- 4 new positions at Lakehead University